Alibi revelers to celebrate Spring Crawl on Saturday

Staff report

Spring is here and with it comes one of Albuquerque’s most spectacular musical events: the Weekly Alibi Spring Crawl. For only $10, music lovers get the chance to see and hear more than 65 of the state’s most talented and popular bands at 10 venues on the Downtown strip Saturday. Brewster’s Pub will present bands such as Standing Wave Phenomenon.

Burt’s Tiki Lounge will offer a great selection of music with The Rivet Gang, The Dolly Ranchers and Oh, Ranger! to name a few. For the hard core rockers, the Golden West will have groups such as Laughing Dog.

More mellow sounds will be coming from the Downtown Distillery, featuring Blame It On Rachel and the infamous Eric McFadden. As usual, spoken word will be showcased at CafÇ Au Lait, with Bob Reeves and Mike 360.

Destino will start the music at the Alibi/Coors Light/Bacardi outdoor stage at 5 p.m.

For those who have checked the Weekly Alibi Crawl listings, note these changes in line-up: The Shins, who were orginally scheduled to play at the Launchpad at 11 p.m., have been replaced by Beefcake in Chains. The Mantis Fist has taken Beefcake’s slot at 10 p.m. Fiendead will be filling the 8 p.m. spot at the Golden West.

The party will begin Saturday at 5 p.m. and will run until last call. Though most venues are 21-and-over, Sunshine Theater, CafÇ Au Lait and the outdoor stage are all ages. Wristbands will be available at the information booth at Fourth Street and Central Avenue the day of the show, but advance passport vouchers are on sale at all Ticketmaster locations and at Natural Sound, 3422 Central Ave.