Column: Owens must choose: Lose his voice or his career

by Kristie Boudwin

Daily Lobo

Congratulations, Terrell Owens.

You have become the sixth player in NFL history to catch 100 touchdown passes, yet you are still the biggest dud in the league.

It is a shame. If the man came down with a permanent case of laryngitis, he would be quite a star.

Even if T.O. does believe the Eagles would be undefeated if Brett Favre was their quarterback, it may be advantageous to keep those thoughts to himself.

Favre probably thinks the Packers would be undefeated if he had a tough defense, an intelligent coaching staff, decent receivers, a running game and an offensive line that could give him time to throw the ball to someone in the same color jersey.

But Favre is smart enough to keep those thoughts to himself; therefore, he is suiting up this Sunday, while T.O. goes to the mall to buy his jerseys off the clearance rack.

At 1-7, Favre is still a bigger stud than you, Mr. Owens.

Here we are halfway through the season and LaDainian Tomlinson has better stats than most running backs could hope for after week 16.

Tomlinson has 835 yards on the ground and 264 receiving and a total of 15 touchdowns this season.

He could probably start his own NFC North team and win the division by himself.

When the Chicago Bears are leading a division, there is definitely a glitch in the system.

Of course they will finish with a winning record. They get to play the Packers, the Lions and the Vikings twice. Better luck next year, NFC North.

Speaking of the Vikings - Daunte Culpepper's knee injury could be the best thing that happened to him all season, considering he was throwing twice as many interceptions as touchdowns.

Who knew Randy Moss would take the talent of his entire team with him when he left for Oakland?

He deserves a stud award for jumping off of a sinking purple ship.

Oh, and congratulations to Peyton Manning, who finally notched his first career victory in Foxborough, Mass., Monday night.

Revenge is sweet, if you can call it that.

Of course, it came against a 4-4 Patriots team that in no way resembles the teams that have dismantled the Colts over the past four years.

But hey, a win's a win.