The Weekly Free

The Daily Lobo is sad, just like you, that fall break is over. Why do we only have two extra days? Fall is so much better than that! But speaking of worth, we found a few events that are worthy of your time, yet won’t cost you a dime. If you know of any free events or would like one featured in the Free send the information to hriley@unm.edu.

Alvarado Urban Farm pre-Halloween event
TUESDAY
The Downtown Action Team hosts this free event filled with vendors with holiday-themed products, an urban farm tour and … wait for it … pumpkins for the carving. The pre-Halloween bash is from 4-7 p.m. on Silver Avenue between First Street and Second Street.

Breakfast for seniors
THURSDAY
Maybe you aren’t a senior, maybe you are, or maybe you know a senior who deserves a free meal from the Sunflower Market. Regardless, if you can’t score a free meal, there are plenty of other deals as well. For example, if you buy the meat, they cook it and give you complimentary sides. The senior breakfast is from 9-10:30 a.m. and is exclusive to the 11205 Montgomery Boulevard location.

Cycles of Life group bike ride
SATURDAY

This event is part of the Trips for Kids – Rio Grande, which encourages at-risk youth to get on bikes and venture into the New Mexican landscape. You can help by being a sponsor for this event, and all you need is a functioning mountain bike. There is some paperwork, including a background check, but the costs are covered by the organization.
For more information, visit tripsforkidsriogrande.org

CRAIGSLIST

Treasures abound this week on Craigslist, and best of all you don’t even need a map.
The Lobo knows you are always running out of used vegetable oil, but luckily someone is just giving it away! Over 50 gallons away to be precise. What a steal! If you move fast, you might be able to snag a 50-gallon white plastic barrel. Madness. And if that isn’t your style, treat yourself to a slushie machine. According to the ad it is in Tererro, but that’s a small distance for never-ending slushies. Go now before it’s too late.