Get creative with Electoral College map

by John Tyczkowski
opinion@dailylobo.com

So here it is, folks. Another four years have come and gone, and once again, it’s time to pick the leader of the free world.

Everyone’s got something to say about the upcoming presidential election, or sometimes more than just one thing, and they’re usually very happy to have the chance to share it in the most patriotic crowdsourcing project in the country.

Along with their own views and feelings about the candidates and their issues — pun not intended — some love to play with the Electoral College map, pick out the red and blue states, bicker over the swing states and monitor the polls to see which way Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin and all the others may go.

This election season, the Daily Lobo is providing a platform for our readers to share what they think the electoral map will look like with our Decision 2012 Electoral Map Contest.

It’s simple: Log onto 270ToWin.com and use the interactive Electoral College map feature on the home page to craft your idea of what this year’s election map will look like. Simply click on a state to change it to red or blue, and repeat 49 times. Your decision can be based on hours and hours of research or a gut feeling. When you’re done, submit your electoral vision to the Daily Lobo by posting the link on our Facebook page, emailing the link to opinion@dailylobo.com or by sending the link in a tweet with our handle, @DailyLobo.

There’ll be an updated electoral map graphic posted online every week, based upon the submissions we received the previous week.

The more submissions, the better each week’s map will represent what you’re feeling. In addition, we’ll be keeping track of who submits the electoral map closest to the actual results in November. The lucky forecaster will be rewarded with a gift card.

So how about it, Lobos? It’s an election year. What do you care about?