The Weekly Free

I’m really burned out by explaining to you why free things are great … so just take my word for it. This week’s freebies are awesome.

TACOs
TODAY

Thursday is National Taco Day, so to celebrate, Taco Cabana is handing out free tacos — today. Yeah, it makes no sense. Regardless, you can pick yours up from 5 to 8 p.m. The closest restaurant is at 10210 Central Ave. N.E.

CASHEW CHICKEN
WEDNESDAY

The food is flowing this week. After pigging out on a taco on Tuesday, hit up Panda Express for your next lunch. Panda Express offers a free Thai Cashew Chicken dish with a coupon available at PandaExpress.com. Or just follow the QR code.

WATER GARDEN
THURSDAY

Apparently, people can experience themselves as “living machines” in this wastewater art garden. You will become an inseparable part of machine wilderness, so watch out. The event is at the Alvarado Urban Farm at 101 Silver Ave. S.W. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

YOGA CLASS
FRIDAY

Feeling stressed? Extra knots bogging you down? Are you not as flexible as you want to be? Now’s your chance, no more excuses. Sign up for a free week of yoga classes by Friday, and then use that week any time before Oct. 30. Participating studios are Midtown Sports & Wellness, Holistic Wellness Co-op, Albuquerque Ashtanga Yoga and Kundun Yoga. You can sign up at YogaHealthFoundation.org/one_week_free_yoga, or follow the QR code.

UKULELE CLASS
SATURDAY

Learn to play “Somewhere over the Rainbow” like a pro at Guitar Center Albuquerque. The shop offers lessons at 10:15 a.m. at 6001 Menaul Blvd. N.E. Preregistration is required, so sign up by visiting abqonthecheap.com and clicking on the “Free Ukulele Lessons & More” listing. Or just follow the QR code. You will need to provide your own ukulele.

STAR PARTY
SATURDAY

Have you been dreaming of superstardom? Well there’s no such thing — they’re called supernovas. You can learn all about them at the Albuquerque Astronomical Society and Albuquerque Open Space’s Star Party at the Open Space Visitor Center at 6500 Coors Blvd. N.W. from 6 to 10 p.m. The party features laser-guided tours of the heavens, as well as talks on astronomy and asteroids.