The Weekly Free

With the ASUNM and SFRB budget processes looming, we’re all reminded that nothing is free. Well, most things aren’t. The Daily Lobo searched the Interwebs for a few freebies for you to escape your budgeting woes.

SUPER BOWL PIZZA
TODAY THROUGH SATURDAY
Cheesy snacks are a necessity for watching the Super Bowl. Papa John’s gets you into sports by offering a virtual coin toss for a free pizza. You fill out a brief form and click on one of two coins at PapaJohnsCoinToss.com. The promotion ends Saturday at 11:59 p.m.

PET HELPLINE
ANY DAY
If your dog isn’t fully house trained, or can’t wait until you get home from school, get some behavioral training tips. Animal Humane’s (505) 938-7900 pet behavior helpline is a good resource. If you don’t get in contact with them via phone, email them at behaviorhelpline@animalhumanenm.org

FILM: “SOUL FOOD JUNKIES”
WEDNESDAY
This film at the KiMo Theatre explores the cultural significance behind soul food. According to the theater’s website, soul food can have deadly effects if consumed regularly. The film starts at 7 p.m., doors open at 6:30 p.m. The KiMo Theatre is at 423 Central Ave. N.W.

ACUPUNCTURE
WEDNESDAY
Getting needles stuck into various body parts is surprisingly pleasurable, but if you aren’t convinced, Casita Community Acupuncture will prove it to you. The event is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 2117 San Mateo Blvd. N.E.

NMSU SOCIAL WORK
FRIDAY
If UNM just isn’t doing it for you, look into NMSU’s Master of Social Work graduate program. Hopefully the Daily Lobo doesn’t get hate mail for writing this. The open house is from 2 to 6 p.m. at the NMSU Albuquerque Center at 4501 Indian School Road. N.E.

HOME DEPOT WORKSHOPS
SATURDAY
Kitchen cabinet and bathroom tile buffs alike flock to Home Depot’s Saturday workshops. The workshops typically run from 10 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 2:30 p.m. This weekend’s workshops include Martha Stewart Living specialty finishes and kitchen design. The workshops are at Home Depot at 1220 Renaissance Blvd. N.E.