UNM Crime Briefs

Cops: assault, chicken breast throwing at SRC
A UNM student reportedly battered his roommate in the common area of the Student Residence Complex on Feb. 3. According to the UNMPD report, the student threw a shoe and spat on the victim. The student proceeded to throw chicken breasts on the carpet, followed by a bottle of salsa, the report said. The UNMPD officer said he confirmed this when he saw “multiple food and beverage items” on the floor throughout the common room. According to the report, the alleged perpetrator was not present when the officer responded, and the alleged victim told police he did not want to press charges. He said he wanted a report filed so his roommate could be kicked out of the dorm. There was no further information at the time of the report.

Pink graffiti chalked on Cornell structure
At approximately 1:35 p.m. on Feb. 4, an unknown suspect wrote on the west side of the Cornell parking structure with pink chalk. The suspect was gone when the officer arrived. According to the UNMPD report, the suspect had written, “Gringos out of Latin America,” “capitalism” with an x through it, and “Viva Venezuela! USA nos USA” with capital A’s circled. No further information was available at the time of the report.

Lobo Village dorm reported robbed
At some point between Feb. 1 and 3, an unknown suspect entered a Lobo Village apartment unlawfully and without the permission of the owner. According to the UNMPD report, the occupants were out of town at the time. The suspect stole $100 and a cable box. The reporting officer and a detective went to the apartment to collect physical evidence, but nobody answered the door. No further information was available at the time of the report.

UNMPD: creeper in SRC seeking Melissa
On Feb. 8, a woman woke up to someone breathing outside her bedroom door in the SRC. According to the UNMPD report, she exited her room and found an unidentified man sleeping on the floor outside her door. He then woke up, and she asked what he was doing there. He reportedly told her that someone named Melissa told him the back door on the second floor would be open and that he was there to see her. According to the report, he then he got up and left. The woman called dorm security, and officers said they would check the area. UNMPD was not notified until the morning after.

The report also notes that UNMPD was called around 2:45 that morning about two males checking doors at the SRC, though their clothing descriptions did not match that of the man in the dorm. No further information was available at the time of the report.