Environmental Internships
Daily Lobo Logo
Clear, 33°F
7 day forecast
Saturday, December 20, 2014

Exposing the Occult

041913_exocc1web_jl
By Juan Labreche / New Mexico Daily Lobo

Twenty-five-year-old Chalet Cox, teacher at Christina Kent Early Childhood Center in Albuquerque, stands in preparation before taking to the catwalk at the Inaugural International Fashion Show in the SUB Thursday night. She was wearing an ensemble from Cardell McClam’s Cardelicious line of clothing. The fashion show capped off events held as part of the International Festival.

UNM OIPS ended yet another International Festival in style by holding their inaugural international fashion show in the SUB. The International Festival, held Thursday afternoon, featured myriad international fare, vendors and performers. Mavel Moreno, pro­gram man­ager at the Office of Inter­na­tional Pro­grams and Stud­ies was quoted by UNM Today as saying, “The stu­dents are very excited about this event. They see it as an oppor­tu­nity to give back to UNM by shar­ing aspects of their coun­try and cul­ture with the uni­ver­sity com­mu­nity. Our office is for­tu­nate to have them on cam­pus and grate­ful for the sup­port that the Stu­dent Affairs Divi­sion pro­vides every year in recog­ni­tion of our inter­na­tional population.”

Cathy Sung, 23, Education major and exchange student from Seoul, South Korea stands on the fringe of the catwalk wearing a spring dress by designer Mara Franklin.

041913_exocc2web_jl

041913_exocc3web_jl

Sung will return to Seoul at the end of the semester and said, “I wish I didn’t have to leave, I am going to miss all my friends, I’ve met a lot of good people here.”