The Weekly Free

With the last two weeks of school rapidly approaching, we’re in the calm before the storm. To enjoy the last moments of freedom before finals week swallows you whole, check out this week’s freebies.

NIZHONI DAYS
TODAY THROUGH SUNDAY
The UNM Nizhoni Days, sponsored by the Kiva Club, are a week of lectures, performances and celebrations, capped off with a gathering of the nations celebration Sunday. You can learn about Navajo Nation law on Wednesday from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the SUB Ballroom A, or check out the Indigenous Film Festival on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in the SUB Lobo Rooms A and B. Check the Kiva Club’s Facebook page for more information and a complete list of events at Facebook.com/UNMKivaClub.

WATER ENHANCER
TUESDAY
At 7-Elevens across the country, Mio Liquid Water Enhancer, a sugar-free liquid that is added to water to create a Kool-Aid/Gatorade-type beverage, will be handed out. The nearest 7-Eleven is at 1800 Lomas Blvd. N.E.

SUSTAINABILITY EXPO
TUESDAY
This year’s UNM Sustainability Expo features a clothing swap, an alternative-transportation fair, a growers market, live music, a bicycle auction and much more. Lots of freebies can be scored here, such as gently used clothing. The expo runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Cornell Mall

EDUCATION CAREER FAIR
WEDNESDAY
If you want to spend your life around screaming children — i.e., as an educator — then check out this career fair, designed specifically for you. The fair runs from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the SUB ballrooms.

SINKING MALDIVES
WEDNESDAY
Maldives President Mohamed Nasheed is trying to save his island country, which the ocean is slowly flooding as a result of global warming, according to the film “The Island President.” The KiMo Theatre at 423 Central Ave. N.W. screens the film at 7 p.m.

RECYCLED ART
SATURDAY
It’s a sustainable type of week. The Open Space Alliance hosts this recycled art fair of “upcycled” art, which means instead of simply recycling waste into reusable objects, the objects will have more use or greater value than they did before. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Open Space Visitor Center at 6500 Coors Blvd. N.W.