The Weekly Free

If you need a break from the grind of finals week, check out these awesome events that range from holiday-themed to only-in-Albuquerque.

Gingerbread contest
Monday

The Indian Pueblo Cultural Center is hosting its 5th annual Gingerbread House Contest. The free-to-enter competition is open to non-commercial, non-professional bakers who want to show off their confectionery house-building skills. There are categories for kids and adults. Entries are on display at the center now, but new entries are accepted until Dec. 19. For more information visit indianpueblo.org and click on the calendar. All ages.

Snow globe
Wednesday

Make your very own holiday-themed snow globe at the Main Library from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Space is limited, so pre-registration is required. The Main Library is located at 501 Copper NW. All ages.

Elf on the shelf
Friday

Ever wonder how Santa compiles his Naughty and Nice List? With help from the Elf on the Shelf, of course. The West Side Barnes & Noble will be holding a special “Elf on the Shelf” event that will include activities, snacks and story time. The West Side Barnes & Noble is located in the Cottonwood Shopping Center at 3701 Ellison Dr NW. The event starts at 7 p.m. All ages.

Painting
Saturday

Local artist Luke Hussack has created a paint-by-numbers mural of Al Hurricane and wants the community’s help to fill in the color. Beginning at 10 a.m., community members can head to The Tannex and help paint the mural of New Mexico’s most well-known musician. The Tannex is located at 1417 Fourth Street SW. All ages.