The Weekly Free

This week is a lot like a rom-com: there’s comedy, love, a little bit of sex, some music and even some angst. All free, all local and all for you.

Anti-Valentine’s Day, D-I-Y style
Wednesday

Cherry Hills Library invites all those who think “cupid is stupid” to come out and make anti-Valentine’s Day cards from 3 to 5 p.m. It’ll be just like a Valentine’s Day craft session, but with hate instead of love. Cherry Hills Library is located at 6901 Barstow N.E. All ages.

Valentine Story Time
Thursday

Contessa Connie will be holding a Valentine’s Day story time at Bookworks beginning at 10:30 a.m. Listen to stories of love while partaking in paper crafts and refreshments. Bookworks is located at 4022 Rio Grande Blvd. N.W. All ages.

Take a stroll in the moonlight
Friday

If fancy restaurants and expensive movies sound unappealing, check out the Valentine’s Day Moonlight Hike with your special someone. The two-hour hike begins at 6 p.m. at the Cerrillos Hills State Park parking Lot. The hike is free, but drivers beware: There’s a $5 parking fee if you park in the lot. The parking lot is located on Santa Fe County Rd. 59, a half-mile north of Cerrillos Village. All ages.

What’s more adorable than singing children?
Saturday

The Watoto Children’s Choir will be making a stop in Albuquerque to raise awareness of orphaned and vulnerable children in Africa. The concert will be held at 6 p.m. in the Heights Christian Center. The Center is located at 6935 Comanche Rd. N.E. All ages.

,B>Crossdressing concert madness
Sunday
While I could tell you about the Second Annual Criss Cross Crossdressing Show, held at Warehouse 508 (2101 Silver Ave. S.E.) at 8 p.m., but I believe the poem on the show’s website does a better job that I could:
“Criss-cross apple sauce 
F*** the norm, it is no Boss 
On the 16th there is a show
Before you come you must know 
Criss ‘n Crossdress is expected 
So don’t be shy or offended 
Lads had better wear a dress
These gender rules they will stress 
Lassies throw on some baggy pants 
and enjoy the freedom that it grants 
The music starts at the 8 o’clock 
So enjoy all the Bands because they f***ing ROCK”

Let’s talk about the big O
Monday

Sexual health educators Maggie Keenan-Bolger and Marshall Miller will be on hand in the SUB ballrooms to answer all those sex questions your mother never answered for you at the I <3 Female Orgasm seminar. Presented by the Women’s Resource Center, the 7 p.m. lecture invites people of all sexes and genders to ask their questions and get answers that will keep them safe, productive and empowered.