The Weekly Free

The Duke City has several interesting venues that will enlighten, educate, entertain and gather social interests this week. These are some great, free events, and we compiled them just for you.

Changes in Life Documentary Project
Tuesday

Documentary filmmakers are gathering at the Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice today to capture people on camera talking about events that changed their lives. The two-hour event will begin at 7 p.m. and showcase the University Heights neighborhood and the changes that have affected it. The Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice is located at 202 Harvard Drive SE. All ages.

Protest Art Show
Wednesday

The Assembly of Revolutionary Artists of Oaxaca, a Mexican artist collective working in block print, stencils and graffiti murals, will present their work at the National Hispanic Cultural Center beginning at 5 p.m. This group was formed in 2006 after police stopped a teacher’s demonstration in the state capitol of Oaxaca. The National Hispanic Cultural Center is located at 1701 4th Street SW. All ages.

Somewhere over the Rainbow Artists
Thursday

Award-winning collective, Rainbow Artists, will unveil their exhibit for women’s “Her-story” month at Java Joe’s Coffee House from 6:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Java Joe’s is located at 906 Park Avenue SW. All ages.

Greek rock, Greek food
Friday

Local band Palvo, Greek God of the Guitar will play a free show at Yanni’s Mediterranean Grill and Opa Bar at 6:30 p.m. Yanni’s is located at 3109 Central Avenue NE. All ages.