Daily Lobo Logo
Clear, 33°F
7 day forecast
Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Weekly Free

As students approach the home stretch of the semester, a nice distraction can go a long way in alleviating stress, especially when that distraction is free.

Get your art on
All week

Check out “Watershed Bounding,” a collection of artwork from students and alumni focused on ecological conditions near — you guessed it — watersheds. The exhibit will be at the Open Space Visitors Center through the end of next month. The center is located at 6500 Coors Boulevard N.W. and is open Tuesday through Sunday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.

Web-slinging fun
Wednesday

The UABQ television station will present “‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ We Are Unashamed” event featuring a DJ and live music. The event is hosted every Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m. at The Student Center, located at 7201 Central Avenue N.W. For more info visit: lcgen.com

Celebrate New Mexico-style
Friday

Celebrate New Mexico’s heritage with an afternoon of music, food and art at the new Montaño Transit Center. The two-hour event will begin at 4 p.m. and feature local artists that will display some of their art while a food truck provides goodies. Montaño Transit Center is located at 180 Montaño Road N.W.

Finding sanctuary
Saturday

Photographers are bringing together the common theme of sanctuary by combining storytelling, humor, history, nature, memories and dreams. The gallery, titled “Sanctuary — A Personal Journey Exhibition” will be held at the South Broadway Cultural Center Art Gallery beginning at 5 p.m. The gallery is located at 1025 Broadway Boulevard S.E. For more information call 848-1320.