Quarterback Cole Gautsche slips through an almost sack from UTSA Linebacker Steven Kurfehs.

Quarterback Cole Gautsche slips through an sack attempt from UTSA linebacker Steven Kurfehs during Saturday’s season-opening football game at University Stadium on Aug. 31, 2013.

Lobo games to be broadcast

On Tuesday, New Mexico and the Mountain West Conference announced that the Lobos’ Aug. 30 season and home opener against UTEP will be broadcasted by the Mountain West Network at 6 p.m.

It will be broadcasted exclusively on the MWN and CampusInsiders.com. UNM’s game against UTEP is one of seven that will be shown on both sites.

The University also announced that UNM’s Sep. 20 road game at New Mexico State will be shown on Aggie Vision, meaning that 11 of the Lobos’ 12 contests will be broadcasted via television or online.

The only game not scheduled for broadcast is UNM’s Oct. 4 road game at the University of Texas-San Antonio.

Nine of UNM’s 12 games are scheduled to be broadcasted on television this upcoming season.

In June, ROOT Sports announced that it will carry four of UNM’s games, including three road games and just one home game, all of which are conference games.

“We are excited to bring another year of New Mexico football to Lobos fans,” said David Woodman, ROOT Sports general manager.

Of the five remaining games to be broadcasted, three will air on the ESPN family of networks, while two UNM home games will be televised on CBS Sports Network.

Excluding the Lobos’ road game at UTSA, all starting times have been announced with the exception of UNM’s Nov. 15 contest at Utah State, which has yet to be declared.

Two other starting times have yet to be determined: UNM’s Nov. 22 game against Colorado State will begin either at 11:30 a.m. or noon, and the Lobos’ home finale versus Wyoming on Nov. 29 will be at 1:00 or 1:30 p.m.

Thomas Romero-Salas is the sports editor of the Daily Lobo. He can be reached at sports@dailylobo.com or via Twitter @ThomasRomeroS.