Letter: Congress and Netanyahu collaborating against peace

Journalist Thomas Friedman caused controversy a few years back when he said that the U.S. Congress was, “bought and paid for by the Israel lobby.” On the heels of President Obama’s State of the Union Address, House Speaker John Boehner has invited Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to come to Washington and address Congress. The fact that an Israeli leader will be able to openly challenge President Obama’s peace overtures to Iran seems to validate Friedman’s analysis that Congress acts like a cheap prostitute in regards to Israel.

We should be concerned at this latest development since it seems that Netanyahu and the treasonous Congress are doing their damnedest to ensure that there will be no peace between the governments of Iran and the United States. In fact it seems that these psychopaths will not rest until there is a full-blown war between the United States and Iran. It is not in the national interest of the United States to fight wars in the Middle East on behalf of Israel. Maybe because I am not on the Zionist payroll, I have a different perspective then those members of Congress who are going to sheepishly applaud Netanyahu as he beats the drums of war throughout his speech.

The last thing we need in the world today is more war, bloodshed and chaos. Unfortunately for the nation, it seems like many members of Congress are ready to once again throw us into the fire of war for the sake of a few shekels.

However, before making any moves, they should first contemplate on a few words from the Bible that many of them claim to follow. In Matthew 16:26 Jesus said, “For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?

Sincerely,

Muhajir Romero

UNM student