UNM crime briefs for Feb. 27

Victim assaulted with golf club

Feb. 15: UNMPD was dispatched to the UNM North Golf Course in reference to a fight. According to the report, the victim told police that he was hit in the head with a golf club by the suspect. According to UNMPD officials the victim had a cut on his head, however, the suspect alleged he was defending himself and never struck the victim with a golf club. UNMPD submitted the case to the district attorney.

Bicycle stolen

Feb. 16: A student reported that her bike had been stolen. She told police that she had parked her bike in the lower bike rack area next to Dane Smith Hall.

“I left the bike locked to the bike rack at 4:30 p.m. and returned at 5:45 p.m. and found the bike missing,” she said.

According to the report, the bike is a Novara brand, light purple and silver. The bike also has a green safety clip-on light attached.

Joggers shot with airsoft gun

Feb. 15: Two UNM students were shot with an airsoft gun while jogging. According to the report, the students told police they were jogging on 200 University Blvd. NE when they were struck with pellets from an air soft gun wielded by a suspect in a car. One of the victims pursued the suspects west on Central from campus and obtained the listed plate. According to the statement, an ATL (Attempt to Locate) was issued to surrounding agencies as well as UNMPD.

Report: Woman assaulted by boyfriend

Feb. 14: UNMPD was dispatched to the SRC dorms in reference to numerous calls about a fight. According to the report, a UNM student and her boyfriend were involved in an argument that escalated into the boyfriend striking the student “on the right side of her head with a fire extinguisher, pulling her hair and biting her right middle finger.” When officers arrived they found the victim’s dorm room “in shambles.” Witnesses saw the suspect driving away in a white Nissan, and gave officers a description of him. No more information on the suspect was available.

~Compiled by Sayyed Shah and Jonathan Baca