UNM crime briefs for March 25

Larceny at Redondo Village

On March 15 two officers were dispatched to Redondo Village in reference to a missing utility cart. According to the report, the officers made contact with the person who made the report, who stated the cart was in its stored location at the Student Residence Center. The staff became aware of the missing cart the previous day when they were in need of it. No one had permission to take the cart. The case is closed pending further leads.

Criminal Damage at 700 Lomas Blvd. NE

On March 17 an officer was dispatched to 700 Lomas Boulevard NE. in reference to criminal damage. According to the report, the officer met with the victim, who stated that the windows in her office were broken after she left the office the day before. The individual who called in the report stated some windows had been broken in the same office the previous week. The officer observed broken glass on the outside of the window — however, there were no objects near the window that may have been used to break it.

Crash leads to arrest

On March 18 a vehicle crash occurred at University Boulevard and Mesa Vista. There were no injuries. According to the report, an officer arrived on scene and made contact with the first victim. After further investigation, the officer advised the victim she had a warrant for her arrest in Texas. The subject was then placed under arrest and taken to a Prisoner Transport Center. The vehicle was towed and there was no further investigation.

Arrest made at Popejoy Hall

On March 14 UNMPD was dispatched to Popejoy Hall in reference to a male subject, passed out, with a 5-inch knife in his hand. According to the report, the officer managed to obtain the knife from the subject before he woke up and without incident. The officer then ran his ID card through the National Crime Information Center. The subject had a warrant out for his arrest in Isleta Pueblo. The subject was placed under arrest and transported to the Metropolitan Detention Center.

~Compiled by Lauren Marvin