For Your Ears: Russian Girlfriends, Brutally Frank, Jonny Cats; Discotays; and more

This week will be filled with various types of performances for Albuquerque residents. From solo vocalists to live bands to a “rag tag circus,” there is something for everyone seeking entertainment this week.

Russian Girlfriends, Brutally Frank, Jonny Cats

Sister Bar

Thursday

Doors open 8 p.m.

Tickets: $5

Age: 21+

Russian Girlfriends is a local rock band. Their debut album “All Around” is available for purchase. It’s filled with heavy riffs and gritty vocals listeners can actually understand. Brutally Frank is another heavy band, visiting Sister from their hometown of Joplin, M.O. Jonny Cats is a local punk band and currently has two albums out.

For your consideration:

Russian Girlfriends – Anxiety Attack

Brutally Frank – Date Night

Jonny Cats – Ode to Sergio

Discotays

Launchpad

Friday

Doors open 8 p.m.

Tickets: $7

Age: 21+

Hailing from Sanostee, N.M.,  Discotays plays an interesting blend of dissonant sounds mixed with easy-listening vibes, giving them a melodic, yet dark sound. The event is a benefit show and proceeds will go to  residents of Shiprock impacted by the Gold King Mine spill.

For your consideration:

Discotays – To Die For

The Rag Tag Rebel Circus

Launchpad

Sunday

Doors open 8 p.m.

Tickets: $8

Age: 21+

Coming to Albuquerque for the first time, the Rag Tag Rebel Circus performance will include tricks and shows ranging from performance art to hand-balancing, aerials, clowns, contortion and more.

Jennifer Hall

Burt’s Tiki Lounge

Monday

Doors open 9 p.m.

Tickets: Free

Age: 21+

Jennifer Hall is an indie alternative singer/songwriter from Chicago who has recently released a self-titled EP funded by a Kickstarter campaign. After conquering her hometown and building a fan base, she is now spreading her influence Albuquerque’s way on her latest tour.

For your consideration:

Jennifer Hall – Everybody Here Wants You

Skylar Griego is the culture editor at the Daily Lobo. She can be reached at culture@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @TDLBooks.