Forward Eileen Zendejas scrambles for the ball downfield against a UNLV player during their game on Oct. 4. Over the weekend the Lobos tied with Wyoming and beat Colorado State 2-0. 

Women's soccer: Lobos get four points out of weekend road trip

New Mexico women's soccer remains unbeaten in three meetings with Colorado State following Sunday's 2-1 victory in Fort Collins, Colorado, putting the Lobos back in the win column.

UNM lost to UNLV last weekend and tied Wyoming in a scoreless draw on Friday. Goals from midfielder/forward Lindsey Guice and forward Quincy Slora against the Rams ensured that trend didn't continue.

All 22 Lobos on the road trip saw playing time against either Wyoming or Colorado State.

"We were dependent upon it after playing 10 hard minutes at 7,000 feet at Wyoming," head coach Heather Dyche said in a statement. "Everyone had to contribute, and I feel they did that. It was just a total team effort this weekend."

The results gave UNM (6-6-1, 4-1-1 MW) four points in the Mountain West standings. The team sits in fourth place behind San Diego State, Colorado College and San Jose State, who all are 4-1-1 in conference play. Behind the Lobos are Wyoming, Air Force and Fresno State, all at 2-2-1 in MW games.

UNM found itself down after the first 14 minutes after a free kick by defender Jessica Stauffer. The ball reached forward Hannah Gerdin, and her header sealed the scoring opportunity. The Rams took advantage of Lobo defender Victoria Archuleta's start at goalkeeper; the Lobos were without backup keeper Laura DeMers due to an injury.

The Lobos responded 10 minutes later when midfielder Dylann O'Connor sent in a corner kick. Like Gerdin moments before, UNM's Guice connected on a header for the goal. Slora netted the go-ahead score off an unassisted goal at the 37:30-minute mark off a free kick from 30 yards out.

In her start, Archuleta made two saves in the net. Cassie Ulrich, the team's regular starting keeper, came in later in the game and made two saves of her own. The Lobos outshot Colorado State 19-12, and CSU keeper Jesse McGinley stopped six UNM shots on goal.

The Lobos return home this week for another pair of weekend games, hosting San Jose State Friday and Fresno State Sunday.

J.R. Oppenheim is the managing editor for the Daily Lobo. Contact him at managingeditor@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @JROppenheim.