Holiday Time: What better time to game than when there's snow outside?

It’s that time of year again, ladies and gentlemen. The holiday season is upon us. Now, regardless of what everyone believes, this time of the year is definitely the best time to pick something up. There are deals galore, especially with Black Friday right around the corner. It’s getting cold outside ... so what’s there better to do than sit down inside and play some video games?

PlayStation 4 with ‘Uncharted Collection’

GameStop — yes, GameStop — is running a Black Friday deal that looks sweet to anyone who lays eyes on it. They plan on selling the PlayStation 4 (500 gigabyte), along with the Uncharted Collection, for only $299.99. That’s $50 cheaper than it usually sells for, and is also the cheapest the PlayStation has ever sold for brand-new. Keep in mind that this deal is only going on Nov. 27 through Nov. 29.

Xbox One Elite Controller

As most gamers knows, the Xbox One fell off the map as an “elite” gaming console, but Microsoft has made significant changes to improve its users’ experiences. At E3 this summer, it unveiled a new controller labeled the “Xbox One Elite Controller.”

This controller seems to have limitless customization options intended to streamline the gaming experience for the user. You can opt for different D-pads and joysticks, you can add trigger stops, and you can even choose to have back buttons, which can basically control the front buttons (A, B, X, Y). If you’re someone who games casually, then this might not be for you; but if you’re a gamer who takes gaming seriously, then this is definitely the controller for you. The controller runs for $149.99, but be on the lookout for Black Friday deals.

‘Fallout 4’

This title has long been awaited by fans everywhere. Fallout launched this month, and by most accounts it was well worth the wait. Now, with “Fallout 4” being on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, the graphics look better than ever and in-game options are seemingly endless. The game is definitely worth the $59.99 price tag.

Honorable Mentions

“Black Ops 3”: If you’re a ‘Call of Duty’ fan, then the franchise’s latest installment ‘Black Ops 3’ might be the best title since the launch of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. We all had to deal with the travesties that were “Ghosts” and “Advanced Warfare”, but “Black Ops 3” is neither of the two.

There’s more in-game customization in multiplayer than ever: you can make a custom camouflage in the paint shop, customize the look of your character and even make your own weapon variant. In single player there’s now co-op, where you can battle through missions with friends. And hey, fan-favorite Zombies has returned.

Kontrol Freek gamer grips

With people getting more and more competitive in online console gaming, Kontrol Freek has your back with gamer grips that attach to your controller’s joysticks. The point is not only to lengthen your sticks, but to give you an advantage over your enemy with precision and accuracy. Kontrol Freeks are super cheap, usually around $15 on their website: kontrolfreek.com.

Matthew Narvaiz is a reporter for the Daily Lobo. He can be reached at news@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @RealMattNarvaiz