UNM's ​Center for Teaching Excellence accepting nominations for outstanding instructors

The Faculty Senate Teaching Enhancement Committee and the Center for Teaching Excellence are currently accepting nominations for outstanding educators at UNM, According to a UNM press release.

“Nominations are now being accepted. Instructors, students and staff are eligible to nominate faculty for award recognition,” according to the press release. The deadline for nominations is Wednesday.

The Center for Teaching Excellence serves as a general resource center for all UNM instructors including tenured and tenure-track faculty, lecturers, adjunct faculty, faculty on branch campuses, teaching assistants, clinician educators and all others who have an instructional role in the classroom.

According to the press release, awards offered include Presidential Teaching FellowOutstanding Teacher of the YearNew Teacher of the YearOnline Teacher of the Year, Lecturer or Affiliated Teacher of the Year and the Susan Deese-Roberts Outstanding Teaching Assistant Awards.

"The Center for Teaching and Learning's Annual Teaching Awards recognize faculty and graduate teaching assistants who do extraordinary work teaching UNM students," CTE Executive Director Aeron Haynie is quoted as saying in the release. 

Haynie state in the release that nominations are read by CTE every year by students whose college experiences have been enriched by dedicated and disciplined instructors. 

For more information, visit Teaching Awards. For criteria and nomination information, click here. For questions regarding these awards, call 277-2229 or email cte@unm.edu.

Matthew Reisen is the news editor at the Daily Lobo. He can be reached at news@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @dailylobo.