Men's Tennis: UNM acquires Lawrence Perrin

New Mexico announced on Tuesday morning its newest member of the men’s tennis team.

Hailing from Great Britain, Lawrence Perrin has signed his National Letter of Intent and will cross the Atlantic Sea in order to join the Lobo roster.

Perrin will be joining a roster returning all nine of its members from the 2015-2016 campaign, a team that garnered an at-large bid to the NCAAs. The right-hander will be part of a squad with five international students and five from the Mountain Region – three from New Mexico.

“We are so happy to have Lawrence and his family join us and become Lobos for life,” said head coach Bart Scott in a statement. “He’s an accomplished international player who will help us immediately in both singles and doubles. He’s a high character student-athlete who will excel in the classroom and on the court.”

Perrin will be a freshman in the fall with tennis experience from all over the world. He has participated in tournaments in Great Britian, Qatar, Cyprus, Israel, Tunisia, Turkey and China.

“When I visited UNM I immediately felt a great family bond between the players and coaches, which is what I was looking for in my search for a university,” said Perrin in the UNM release. “Speaking to Coach Scott and Coach (Ben) Dunbar, I felt that they really wanted me to be a part of the Lobo family, giving me a sense of belonging. I’m very grateful for this great opportunity and look forward to starting my new adventure in the fall.”

Liam Cary-Eaves is the sports editor for the Daily Lobo. He primarily covers volleyball, women’s basketball and baseball. He can be reached at sports@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @Liam_CE.