Letter: The public shouldn't believe the government's promises

Common sense isn’t common, nor does it speak to everyone equally. In these days of mass manipulation of the masses, there is a growing realization of how ubiquitous and nefarious the media intelligence military industrial corporate (MIMIC) complex is able to manipulate current events.

Spearheaded by the puppet POTUS, the agenda is being challenged by this growing awareness, the sense that something is seriously wrong with the state of the union. This is why the administration is going to give up protection of the internet Oct. 1st to the UN, though that remains to be clearly established.

What we do know is that this is a direct affront to Americans’ First Amendment right to free speech directly and permanently despite the administration’s assurances that this is not the case. No one should believe them; a short list of previous assurances and results:

1: “If you like your health care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan.” (In 2013, Politifact rated this the number one lie of the year. Politifact found at least 37 instances when President Obama made this vow to the American public.)

2: “I can make a firm pledge: under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 will see their taxes increase -- not your income taxes, not your payroll taxes, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.” -- President Obama, Sept. 12, 2008. (Not only did ObamaCare take $716 billion out of Medicare to help pay for the health law, it also created 18 new tax hikes to pull in $836.3 billion during the first 10 years. The new taxes hit Americans for $36.3 billion in 2013 alone.)

3: “I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits -- either now or in the future.” -- President Obama, Sept. 9, 2009. (Less than four years later, the Government Accountability Office announced ObamaCare would increase the federal deficit by $6.2 trillion over the next 75 years.)

4: “You should know that once we have fully implemented, you’re going to be able to buy insurance through a pool so that you can get the same good rates as a group that if you’re an employee at a big company you can get right now -- which means your premiums will go down.” -- President Obama, July 16, 2012. (Not only did premiums go up, they have continued to rise.)

5: “Under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place.” -- President Obama, Sept. 9, 2009 (A Government Accountability Office report shows that ObamaCare does, in fact, force taxpayers to foot the bill for abortion services. The Department of Health and Human Services simply ignores strict regulations and laws put in place to prohibit subsidization. According to the report, more than 1,000 Obamacare-sanctioned insurance plans fail to separate funding for abortion services from coverage as required by law.)

I always take what they say, and believe the opposite. It’s common sense.

LX Macuahuitl

Daily Lobo reader