Letter: "Hacked" Clinton emails are a convenient distraction

Beware the hacker who first reads your confidential stuff, then alters –- through even false “redacts” – certain choice docs subtly but with incendiary results, before releasing them through a leaking outfit. He could alter World History.

The matter has come up because the Clinton campaign is not saying Clinton’s hacked stuff is authentic or not. Maybe they are; maybe they aren’t. Have they been tampered with? By definition, how would we ever know? Would they say, “Yes, this is the speech Hillary gave to Goldman Sachs, but Hillary did not use those exact words”?

The campaign understandably does not want the voting public to dwell too much on the hacking. (It is a mistake however for the Clinton-supporting Obama administration to not go after the Russians right away and consequence them in a “huge” manner and not wait till after the election.)

So there is earth-shaking hacking, and then there are the enablers of the result of hacking. A relevant example is Ecuador, in whose embassy Clinton-hating Assange (the WikiLeaks founder) is holed up, which has now finally severed Assange’s Internet link.

Assange’s leaks of Russian hacking are causing Ecuador to indirectly “interfere in [our] electoral processes,” as Ecuador now admits. It has cut off his Internet likely because it does not want to get sued by Clinton as the small and poor country it is.

Should Clinton lose as a result, Trump will win and world history will for sure be altered for the worse, because the fascist right in America will finally prevail in the same manner that far right in Austria with its longstanding Nazi sympathizers, is now likely to come into power, all through the electoral process.

And the world will get caught up and blown up as a result of espionage through a vicious spiral of hack-n-alter to where the truth in vital matters will be out the window and the resulting mass delusions will create incendiary vectors that lead to unwitting wars.

Arun Ahuja

UNM student