Letter: Proper nutrition can help with substance addictions

Nutritionist Roger Williams in the 1950s proved that insufficient nutrients cause alcoholism. In his experiments with rats, only 10 percent of those with full nutrition became alcoholic. When nutrients were cut by one-third, about 33 percent became alcoholic. When nutrients were tripled for super nutrition, only one percent became alcoholic.

In a study on people who boozed and smoked, an amazing 80 percent stopped without even trying when they received super nutrition.

Dr. John Douglas found that booze and cigarette addiction went away when those patients ate only raw, living foods. No willpower was needed. Raw, living foods tell our bodies what is good and what is bad for our health.

Dr. Joseph Beasley started a clinic for alcoholics in New York with the highest success rate in the nation. Years before, he was severely alcoholic. The foundation of his recovery and his clinic’s treatment program was good nutrition. Read his book, “How to Defeat Alcoholism.”

I treasure health! I eat no meat, no dairy, no crap, no cooked food. I drink no sodas, no booze, no coffee. I smoke no cigarettes. I take no prescription drugs, no illegal drugs. I eat only raw plant foods.

The Max Planck Institute in Germany found that cooking food usually destroyed half the protein, about 60 to 70 percent of assimilable vitamins and minerals, up to 96 percent of vitamin B12 and 100 percent of enzymes (the life energy) and phytonutrients. Raw plant foods have about 10,000 phytonutrients, natural plant chemicals necessary for health. Cooked food is dead, slow poison. Do not heat raw plant foods over 105 degrees Fahrenheit.

I saw my mother and my dad both suffer sever illness for decades, largely because of junk food and not enough exercise, sunshine and good sleep. I do not want to suffer the hell they endured.

I am strongly attracted to certain lean, fit, healthy men, so I eat, exercise, sunbathe, walk and sleep to be lean, fit and healthy myself.

Sadly many people take far better care of their car, house and pets than of their own body. The only material possession we each have from birth to death is our body. No other material possession can give us more misery or more pleasure! And I want pleasure!

Why suffer?

Don Schrader

Daily Lobo reader