Column: Why you should work at the Daily Lobo

Are you the kind of person who’s always telling their friends about the news? Do you want to dive into your college experience and learn about everything that’s going on around campus? Do you want to write reviews of movies, TV shows and music? Are you a Lobo sports fanatic? Do you want to hone your skills at sales, design and multimedia? Do you want to turn your photography hobby into a job?

Then you should really consider working at the Daily Lobo!

The Lobo has been the student-run independent voice of the UNM community since 1895. We’re one of the oldest daily publications in the state, and our alumni have gone on to succeed in journalism, politics and many other fields.

The Lobo isn’t just for Communications and Journalism students. We have reporters, photographers, designers, advertising sales representatives and sports fans of all majors working here. Our goal is for the Lobo to be as diverse as our University.

Working at the Lobo is a one-of-a-kind experience. You get to be creative, learn amazing things about the community and share them with the world. Our graduates have gone on to work at the Albuquerque Journal, KOB TV and many other outlets. The skills you will learn and the experience you’ll gain will serve you in whatever field you’re studying, and the friends you’ll make will last a lifetime.

The Daily Lobo is currently hiring for these positions:

• Freelance Reporter (news, culture and sports)

• Freelance Photographer

• Assistant Copy Editor

• Assistant Designer

Search for these job titles at hr.unm.edu/unmjobs to apply.

We’re also working to expand our multimedia efforts with podcasts and video content. If you have an idea for a podcast, video series or column, email it to 
editorinchief@dailylobo.com or the managing editor.

Jonathan Baca is the managing editor at the Daily Lobo. He can be reached at managingeditor@dailylobo.com.