Football: UNM adds 3 games to TV schedule for 2018 season

The UNM Lobos football team added another three games to its TV schedule this season, putting a total of 10 of its 12 games on either a “major national or regional networks,” the Mountain West and UNM announced on Tuesday.

The latest addition of televised games for the Lobos came in the form of AT&T SportsNet, with the earliest game on the network coming on Oct. 6 when the team faces UNLV on the road in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Lobos will be featured on that same network the following Saturday, Oct. 13, when they face the Colorado State Rams in Fort Collins, Colorado.

The Lobos’ third and final game on AT&T SportsNet will also be the team's regular season finale, when New Mexico hosts Wyoming on Nov. 24 at University Stadium. The Cowboys dominated the Lobos by a score of 42-3 in Laramie, Wyoming last season. Current Buffalo Bills quarterback and first-round draft pick Josh Allen threw for 234 yards and four touchdowns, while also rushing for another.

AT&T SportsNet will broadcast UNM’s three games over the northwest, southwest, and Rocky Mountain region, according to a press release. Those regions encompass 24 different states.

UNM will appear on CBS Sports Network twice this season, against the Air Force Falcons and Boise State Broncos. It will also appear on either ESPN, ESPN 2, or ESPNU in their matchups against the Fresno State Bulldogs and San Diego State Aztecs.

The Lobos will also have one of their games streamed live on Stadium’s Facebook page when they travel to the Utah State Aggies on Oct. 27.

UNM’s season opener against Incarnate Word will be streamed live on ESPN 3, and its game on the road against Wisconsin on Sept. 12 will be broadcast live on the Big Ten Network.

The Lobos’ Sept. 15 rivalry game against New Mexico State will be broadcast live on Aggie Vision, automatically disqualifying it from regional and national coverage for fans in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

UNM’s home game against Liberty is the lone game not scheduled to be streamed or broadcasted in some capacity.

UNM football will wrap up its fall training camp soon, with its final open practice being held on Friday, Aug. 17. The team’s home opener is slated for a 6 p.m. start time on Sept. 1 against Incarnate Word.

Matthew Narvaiz is a sports beat reporter and a senior writer for the Daily Lobo. He primarily covers football. He can be reached at sports@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @matt_narvaiz.