South Lot and Lobo Village shuttles wait to be used in T-lot.

Bus Routes to change for Fall Break

The University of New Mexico shuttle service is tapping on the brakes this week on Thursday Oct. 11 and Friday Oct. 12.

As students gear up to celebrate the beginning of the fall season, or just enjoy two days without classes, they can expect their usual commute to look just a little different during Fall Break.

Buses will run on a combined route to Yale Mall, Research/Student Support Services Center (SSSC), Lobo Village and South Lot for Fall Break, according to Barbara Morck, the director of Parking & Transportation Services. Shuttles will operate from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. on a non-stop loop instead of a timed schedule. She said the Lobo Rainforest shuttle will run from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Morck said the Mesa del Sol route, to the Mesa del Sol Aperture Center just south of Main Campus, will not run since there will be no classes.

The PATS website reminds students that parking rules will be enforced during the break. This includes parking structures, all lots and Americans with Disabilities Act accessible parking spaces.

The shuttle service will go back to the regular operating schedule 6:30 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 15.

Other differing schedules include Zimmerman Library and the Student Union building.

The library will close Wednesday at 8 p.m., and open at normal hours Thursday and Friday, but will close at 6 p.m., according Maya Cordova, a student employee at the library. The normal hours will resume Saturday.

According to Margaret Allen, SUB welcome desk attendant, the SUB will be open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. On Saturday the SUB will close at 2 p.m., on Sunday the SUB will have regular hours.

Madison Spratto is the news editor at the Daily Lobo. She can be contacted at news@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @Madi_Spratto.