Football: Lobos prepare for Utah State

The Lobos will look to pull off an upset over one of the top teams in the Mountain West when they take on the Utah State Aggies on Saturday, Oct. 27 in Logan, Utah.

The game can be seen live via Stadium/Facebook and will begin at 2 p.m.. The Aggies will bring the No. 2 scoring offense in the country into the matchup, and are averaging 47.7 points per game so far this season.

“Coming off the Fresno State game there are a lot of things for us (to work on),” Davie said. “Things pop up each and every week that sometimes you don’t expect and that you have to solve. You just can’t have reoccurring problems.”

One of the most glaring things for the Lobos this week is improving their composure. The first eight penalties called on UNM last week against Fresno were all personal fouls, and the Lobos were called for taunting twice.

The Lobos have No. 93 ranked defense in the country and have given up an average of 32 points per game to opponents, but will likely have to hold Utah State to less than that, as the Aggies defense gives up only 22 points per game.

The Aggies are lead by quarterback Jordan Love, who has thrown for 1610 yards and 14 touchdowns through seven games, is a potent offensive threat that will pose a big test for the Lobos secondary. Running back Darwin Thompson, who rushed for over 100 yards against Wyoming last week, aslo is a threat and can make teams pay if they focus to much on the passing game.

The game is available via radio as well as Facebook through the Lobo Radio Network.

Cameron Goeldner is a sports beat reporter and photographer for the Daily Lobo. He primarily covers men’s soccer, softball and the Albuquerque Isotopes, but also contributes content for baseball, basketball, football and track and field. He can be reached at sports@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @goeldfinger.