UNM football player arrested in San Francisco on a charge of 'trespassing'

Deshon Marman asked to leave plane after refusing to pull up his "saggy" shorts

The UNM football team has found itself deep in another controversy.

Sgt. Michael Rodriguez, San Francisco police, said Lobo defensive back Deshon Marman was arrested at the San Francisco International Airport for sagging his pants while boarding a US Airways flight back to Albuquerque.

Rodriguez said an employee of the airline noticed Marman’s pants were “below his buttock, but above the knees, and his boxer shorts were showing.”

Rodriguez said in a statement to the San Francisco Chronicle the US Airways employee asked Marman to pull up his pants, refused and was asked to leave the plane.

About after 15 minutes, Marman left the plane and was cited for trespassing, Rodriguez said.
He was to appear in court at 2 p.m. Mountain Standard time on Thursday in San Francisco and is reportedly being held on $11,000 bail.

Mike Locksley said in a statement released late Thursday that the University and the coaching staff was made aware of the incident while Marman attempted to travel back to Albuquerque.

“It is never positive when you have a student-athlete arrested, no matter what the circumstances are,” Locksley said. “We plan to support Deshon, and we plan to help him move forward.”

Donna Doyle, Marman’s mother, told the Chronicle that her son was flying home from San Francisco after attending the funeral of a friend and was still emotional from the death and services.

Valerie Wunder, a US Airways spokeswomen said the airline has a dress code for passengers and it forbids “indecent exposure or inappropriate” clothing.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.