UNM Crime Briefs

Oct. 28, Tires slashed near Clark Hall

A student reported that her car tires were slashed at Clark Hall. She left her car parked behind a white sedan because she was running late, according to police reports. The student provided UNMPD with a handwritten incident report, but no leads have been reported, police said.

Oct. 31, ‘Loud’ fight worries roommate

A student called UNMPD officers to Lobo Village after hearing her roommate and a male friend arguing in another room, according to police reports. The student reported she heard what sounded like someone being slapped and her roommate said “stop.” The roommate said the argument was only verbal and both she and the male friend said there had been no physical altercation, police said. The report states the roommate did not have any marks on her face or arms to indicate she had been slapped. Because the male friend was not a resident, he was asked to leave and not return. According to the police report, a Lobo Village manager said this was the second incident in which the man in question was involved.

Nov. 3, ‘Singing or yelling’ leads to arrest

A student was arrested and taken to jail Nov. 3 after yelling and disturbing people in Smith Plaza, the police report said. The student, who was standing on the south side of Zimmerman Library was “yelling or singing” when UNMPD located him, police said. The student had a prior warrant out for his arrest and was taken to the APD prisoner transport center without incident.