A family dressed in Star Wars attire leaves a GameStop at the late night release of Star Wars Battlefront on Nov. 17. Battlefront is a video game based in the Star Wars universe.

Holiday Time: Who needs the spirit of giving when you can have the Force?

Thanksgiving is right around the corner, which in today’s consumer-centric society means Christmas is right around the corner. But in 2015 this time of year demands the question: Have you bought your “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” tickets yet?

Thanks to the impending return of one of the most well-known franchises of all time, there are enough Star Wars products out there to fill the craving for the Star Wars fan in your life — even if it’s you.

‘Star Wars Battlefront’

This is practically a must for gamers, but the level of nostalgia present in this newly-released game (for PlayStation 4, XBox One and PC) is more powerful than a blast from the Death Star.

For $59.99, players immerse themselves in one of the most richly detailed and loyal Star Wars properties to date, with sounds, environments and characters (much) more accurate than a Stormtrooper’s blaster.

While the game focuses on the original trilogy (thank goodness), more content will be available later on, including a map on Jakku — a new planet featuring in the upcoming movie — a week before The Force Awakens hits theaters.

BB-8

This is the droid you’re looking for.

We’re still a few weeks away from the new film, but BB-8 is already a fan favorite. Now Sphero gives you the ability to own the “soccerball” droid as a companion. Controlled via an app on your iPhone or Android, you can also control BB-8 with your voice, or let it roam free on its own to steal Death Star plans.

While Sphero’s BB-8 is a little pricey at $149.99, Forbes said “he’s cute, he’s fun and he’s easy to control and manipulate,” especially for the younger crowd who are getting ready to experience a new generation of Star Wars.

LEGO Star Wars set

LEGOs are timeless entertainment for kids and adults alike, and when it comes to things like Star Wars, the bigger the LEGO set the better.

Revisit your favorite period in the Star Wars universe by constructing the Millennium Falcon, a Sandcrawler or a Wookie Gunship. Or you can go to the Dark Side and make Kylo Ren’s shuttle.

Prices vary depending on the size and complexity of the set you choose, so there is some flexibility. But if you step on some LEGO pieces gone astray, may the Force be with you.

Star Wars Ultimate Lightsaber by Hasbro

If you prefer customization over details, then popular toy company Hasbro has an option for you to become exactly the kind of Jedi Master you want to be: the Ultimate Lightsaber kit.

You might need Yoda to guide you past the price — the kit is priced at a hefty $379.99 on Amazon — but you can’t put a price on defending the Galaxy. It allows for 1,000 possible lightsaber configurations with its variety of blades, light filters, crystals, sleeve rings and more, so you can fill the shoes of your favorite Jedi Knight.

The kit has four out of five stars on Amazon, with many users praising its surprising durability and sound effects.

Star Wars chess set

Even if you don’t like or know how to play chess, the prospect of learning for the first time using a Star Wars-themed set is too good to pass up.

Using pieces modeled after classic characters like Yoda and Luke, players probably don’t even have to know the ins and outs of chess to enjoy saying “TIE fighter to G6” in your best James Earl Jones impression.

The set is priced at $109.99 on Amazon. Get it quickly to conquer the galaxy.

David Lynch is the news editor at the Daily Lobo. Contact him at news@dailylobo.com or on Twitter 
@RealDavidLynch.