Letter: Don't be swayed by media misinformation

“Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” — Plato

The Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels is generally thought to have said, “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.”

In fact, he did not state that, exactly, but based his propaganda largely on the premise that “credibility alone must determine whether propaganda output should be true or false.” What he did say, however, was “the English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.”

The truth of the matter is Goebbels was heavily influenced by the writings of Edward Louis James Bernays, who wrote the book(s), literally, on propaganda and manipulating public opinion. Bernays was a “double nephew” of Viennese psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud — by virtue of his mother, Freud’s sister and of his father’s sister, Martha Bernays Freud, who married Sigmund, and is a very interesting subject of study, but he is not my subject today.

My reason for this letter is merely to point out to my fellow Daily Lobo readers, and the editorial staff of the Daily Lobo, that we all must be acutely aware and guarded of the incessant fear mongering and agitprop from the corporate media, government intelligence, political duo-opoly complex that is driving the hysteria and chaos surrounding the soft coup against President Trump.

No matter how one feels about Mr. Trump, the objective truth is he won fair and square, his opponents, both democrat and republican, deep state and otherwise, have been orchestrating a misinformation, disinformation hate campaign against him since his electoral victory. Let me clue my Democratic friends in on something: Mrs. Clinton will never be POTUS. Period. Full stop. So get over it. And Mr. Trump will not be impeached for any of the hair-brained lies being bandied about by his opponents. They are lies meant to influence and manipulate the emotions of the weak-willed, simple-minded, easily controlled masses. Don’t let it.

I’m not saying everyone must love the guy, I am saying he must be recognized as the legitimate POTUS. All this hysterical hubbub about him and cries of impeachment and Russians and wall building, etc., etc. are distractions from the very serious political, economic and currency crises coming soon to a theater near you. I could make a list of what is coming, but again, my main point is to say we all must guard our hearts and minds against the spiteful manipulation of the masses by engineered pseudo social justice issues driven by folks like George Soros and his minions.

The real truth behind all this Nazi nonsense will be forth coming, but will you all be willing to listen? Bonne chance.

LX Macuahuitl