Men's Basketball: Team continues to add to its roster

In a 48 hour period that began Friday, the Lobos added three new commitments for the 2018-19 season. The Lobos additions began with junior college transfers Keith McGee, Karim Ezzeddine, as well as high school combo guard Tavian Percy.

McGee, a guard, played last season at South Plains College in Texas, appearing in 32 games with 22 starts. He averaged 7.8 points, 2.7 assists and 2.4 rebounds per game for the Texans, playing 21.2 minutes per game.

“I picked UNM because it fits me, McGee said. “It’s a basketball school and The Pit Is beautiful.”

He picked the Lobos over UMass and Missouri State.

Ezzeddine, a forward who played last season at Northwest Florida State, is originally from Paris, France. He averaged 7.8 points and 3.9 rebounds per game in 34 games last season.

"Karim is a mature young man we became very impressed with during the recruiting process," head coach Paul Weir said in a release. "On the court, he is a hybrid post player that exactly fits our system at both ends. It's the perfect match for both of us and we are ecstatic to have him on board as a Lobo."

Ezzeddine will have two years of eligibility remaining,

Percy, of Pasadena, CA, committed to the Lobos during his official visit this past weekend, and announced the decision on his twitter page.

“Very blessed to say I’ve committed to the University of New Mexico to further my education and basketball career #GoLobos #blessed,” he tweeted.

Percy is the only one of the three commitments that has not yet been made official, as his signing would put the Lobos over the allowable total of 13 scholarships. It’s not clear how Weir and his staff will handle this.

The Lobos will have six new players on next year’s roster, with this trio joining November signees Drue Drinnon and Tajuan Agee as well as mid year transfer Carlton Bragg.

Brag isn’t currently on scholarship, but that is expected to change this summer, according to the Albuquerque Journal.

Cameron Goeldner is a sports beat reporter and photographer for the Daily Lobo. He primarily covers men’s soccer, softball and the Albuquerque Isotopes, but also contributes content for baseball, basketball, football and track and field. He can be reached at sports@dailylobo.com or on Twitter 
@goeldfinger.