This pie is b-a-n-a-n-a-s

Looking for a tasty option for fruit about to expire? Throw it in a pie! This one is easy for beginners and tasty, too. The whole thing will cost you about $8 and two hours of your time. Enjoy!

Berry Banana Pie

Pie Crust:
(For double crust nine-inch pie)

2 cups flour, sifted
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup of shortening
6-8 tablespoons cold water

Blend dry ingredients in a bowl and mix. Then add shortening and cut into the dry mixture until your mixture resembles crumbles. Slowly add water, and stir until all ingredients are blended well. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Pie Filling:

2 sliced bananas
2 cups blueberries
2 cups strawberries
3/4 cup flour
pinch of salt
1/4 cup of melted butter
1/4 brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar

Once you have chilled your crust, pull out and cut into halves. One half should be slightly larger than the other. Put the smaller one aside, and roll out your larger half of cold crust onto a lightly floured flat surface.

Form half into a flat disc shape. Place rolling pin in the middle and roll out until you have a large circle of uncooked crust about a quarter-inch thick. Take this and place it carefully into your pie pan. Do the same with other half. Then take your pie-filling ingredients and mix them in a bowl. Pour into the empty pie crust — now placed in pie pan.

Cover with other rolled out half of pie crust. Crimp your edges using your thumb and forefinger. You can use sliced fruit to decorate and sprinkle brown sugar over the top of decorated pie for a nice look and a great taste. Place in oven for 35-40 minutes until edges are golden brown. Let cool one hour and enjoy!