Familiar with f-stops? The Lobo wants you

The Daily Lobo is searching for photographers, and you might just be the button-pusher we are looking for.

Are you a hardworking, self-sufficient individual who knows what an f-stop is? Do you groan when people get film speed and shutter speed mixed up? Or how about when people ask how a photo can be noisy if doesn’t make any sound? Do you also love telling stories? Are you a fan of documentaries?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, a career in photojournalism may be for you. We assume if you could answer those questions, then you own a DSLR, which is preferred. Don’t sweat too much though if you don’t. You can borrow one of our Nikon D300s, provided you can assure you won’t destroy it while using it. Heck, we even provide you with a CF card. How’s that for portfolio building?

We do ask that you have excellent social skills because the job requires meeting new people daily. You should also be able to adapt to your environment and be capable of getting a good photo no matter the lighting, or lack thereof.

Of course, you also have to dedicate about four to five hours a week to working on the assignments given to you, but we also love to see photographers coming up with their own ideas.

And as a side note, if you know how to use Adobe Photoshop and Bridge and have a computer with these programs, you look a billion times better in our eyes. Now up-and-coming photojournalist, we can tell you’re salivating at the chance to work for us. Please send any inquires and applications to photoeditor@dailylobo.com.

You can also directly apply at unmjobs.unm.edu. If that’s not your style, drop by the Daily Lobo newsroom with your portfolio in hand and ask for me or Junfu Han. We’ll be happy to take a look at what you’re capable of doing.