Internet still down on parts of campus

Internet and network access is unavailable at multiple buildings on campus, and has been since approximately 6:30 pm Thursday.

A broken water main caused a router failure when water flooded the Northrop Hall computer room. Information Technologies hopes to restore connectivity by 11 am on Friday.

System Administrator for Castetter Hall Nancy Davis said a replacement router the first replacement router IT attempted to install early this morning didn’t solve the problem.

“They are trying to get a replacement router,” she said. “They got one router and then didn’t work so they are waiting for a second router to come in. That router is how we get out to the internet, so until we replace that router, there will be no internet.”

SUB restaurants closed early, around 6:30 pm Thursday after they lost the ability to process credit cards. SUB restaurants opened this morning, but UNM student Jessica Jones said they were not accepting credit cards.

“The credit card machines are down in La Montanita Co-op, the bookstore and in the SUB so I couldn’t get breakfast this morning.”

IT spokeswoman Vanessa Baca said a cost estimate for the damage and replacement is not available at this time. Check back later today with the Daily Lobo for an update on the cost of repairs.
Interruption in wired & wireless network connectivity is affecting the following locations:

• Student Union Build¬ing (SUB)
  • Bookstore
  • Popejoy Hall
  • Woodward Hall / CERIA
  • Geology
  • Mitchell Hall
  • Marron Hall
  • Biology Annex
  • Communications and Journalism (C&J)
  • Fine Arts
  • Castetter Hall
  • Ortega Hall
  • Chemistry
  • Humanities
  • Art
  • Art History