​Anderson School of Management launches new program

The UNM Anderson School of Management’s Executive and Professional Education Center has established a new degree program aimed at developing strong educational leaders in the state of New Mexico, according to a UNM release.

The program has been developed by UNM in collaboration with Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation. According to the release, the program has been launched and classes for the first participants began earlier this semester.

“This interdisciplinary program leverages resources from both the Anderson School of Management and the College of Education to equip students with best practices in management and education,” the release states.

The program focuses on developing students’ skills in organizational management within an educational framework, according to the statement.

“EPEC’s mission is to develop, educate, and empower leaders,” the press release quoted Management Development Center Director Audrey Arnold as saying. “New Mexico is full of passionate, dedicated educators who want to make a difference in their communities, their schools, and their students’ lives. Our job is to find these individuals and help them build the leadership skills that create positive change.”

Candidates who apply for the two-year program are also considered for the Woodrow Wilson MBA Fellowship in Education Leadership, according to the release.

Sayyed Shah is the assistant news editor at the Daily Lobo. He can be reached at news-assistant@dailylobo.com.