Curbside Food Truck Review

A favorite at Curbside pies, cheese sticks are a staple of the food truck. 

Food Truck Friday: Differential brewery and curbside pies food truck teams up

Earlier this year, Curbside Pies and Differential Brewery began their partnership. Owner of Differential, Tino Nellos, and Curbside owner, Steve “Steve-O” Myers, with partners Richard Meyers and Rob Empante, started serving the public last February. 

Inside each place had a vibe that every student can pick up on. Inside Differential you have an authentic cigarette machine from the 70’s, Wu-Tang Clan beating in your ears and a pool table surrounded with art and a colorful cast of employees ready to serve the brew. 

On the left side of the building is Curbside, were they built in their own pizza oven inside an old school bus. Alongside Steve-O and Meyers was Meyers' son Raven who helped with taking orders and running food inside to customers. Surrounded by a mixture of pizza ingredients, the first thing that came to my mind was ordering a slice of New Mexico.

Getting the first bite of the green chile combined with the pepperoni, captured the essence of New Mexico. The spiciness of the chile made its peak performance, a kick without being too hot to eat. Paired with Steve-O’s secret ingredient only made it better, an ingredient combined with different spices, it was a recipe to die for. The cheese stick were a delicious gooey mess that melted in your mouth, mozzarella and the homemade dough couldn't make a better team.

“Our pizza is authentic, because we make our own dough, the sauce, and my little mixture of love which I can’t tell you what's in it because then I would have to kill you," Steve-O said. “I learned straight from a New York pizza guy in Arizona, I loved the process so much that I wanted to make it my own, so I carried what I knew into a food truck.”

Alongside the food, was the beer that was crafted by Differential. The name Differential didn't just pertain to the brewery, but towards the taste and the craft of their beer. Two beers that automatically stood out, were the Red and Blue Corn cream beers.

Both had the creamy essence that was in the name. Soothing taste, with a buttery end, each beer hit my pallet with perfection. The taste couldn't pair better with the pizza.

“The goal was to create beer that was good and creative, not just make the beer with the highest ABV possible,” Nellos said. “Every brewery seems to have a limit on the amount you drink because of the ABV. I want the customer to come here, have a beer, develop a conversation knowing they are welcomed.” 

You can catch Curbside along with Differential every Thursday and Friday on 500 Yale Boulevard. Curbside can also be accessed through their store location at 2120 Juan Tabo Blvd.

Cade Guerrero is a freelance reporter for the Daily Lobo. He can be contacted by email at culture@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @CadeGuerrero.