SUB to give away planted pots for "Uni Night"

The University of New Mexico Student Union Building "Uni Nights" will be hosting a plant night on Friday April 12. According to graduate student and organizer Anders Flagstad, this will be the third plant night hosted by the University. 

Flagstad is the projects coordinator of the SUB, he is studying educational leadership. He said "Uni Nights'" motto is: always free and always different.

"Uni Nights" are evening events hosted every month at the SUB. Each one is different from the last, Flagstad said. Past events have included bingo, a masquerade ball and cookie decorating. "Uni Nights" strives to bring the UNM community together. 

Flagstad said students can expect food, plants and pots to be provided at the event. Students need a UNM ID to attend the event. Attendees will receive succulents, he added. Students will be provided with paint if they would like to decorate their pot. The event begins at 8 p.m. 

"Mental health is important, for us students, as we near the end of another semester. We believe that giving plants and having a fun event will help relieve some stress," Flagstad said. 

Megan Holmen is the assistant news editor for the Daily Lobo. She can be contacted by email at assistant-news@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @megan_holmen.