​Public Administration hires new faculty members

The UNM Public Administration department has announced strengthening of its faculty by hiring two new faculty members.

According to a UNM press release, Kate Cartwright and Shuyang Peng, the two new faculty members, bring diverse educational backgrounds and exceptional credentials to the SPA, according to the press release.

Cartwright was a senior fellow of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Center for Health Policy at UNM before joining the faculty. “Her research examines how structural factors and social determinants of health influence racial and ethnic health disparities in the United States. She has also done comparative health systems research,” according to the statement.

The other faculty member, Peng,  received her Ph.D. in public affairs and administration and a master of public administration degree from Rutgers University, according to the statement.

“Her research focuses on public and nonprofit management, human resource management, and performance measurement. She is particularly interested in the influence of organizational environment on employee motivation and behavior in public and nonprofit organizations. She also conducts research in the areas of public-nonprofit collaboration, performance information use, and leadership,” according to the statement.

Sayyed Shah is the assistant news editor at the Daily Lobo. He can be contacted at assistant-news@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @mianfawadshah.