Tortilla pizza is a cheap and quick idea for pizza lovers.

Colin’s Collegiate Cooking

Deep dish, thin crust, New York, Chicago or California — whatever form you pick, I’m guessing you love pizza like I do.

Well, maybe not as much as I do. You see, I am a pizza addict.

The way I see it, in today’s world of diverse cooking and innovative cuisines we tend to overlook simple, classic dishes. Pizza is one of those classics. Whether you’re at the movies or sitting in a dorm room, pizza fits right in. It’s practically its own food group.

Unfortunately, it is not always the cheapest food, especially when you want to eat it for every meal like I do. Thankfully, there are options for us college students on a budget.

When I was a kid my mom introduced me to the best snack in existence: The tortilla pizza. It’s exactly what it sounds like, is easy to make and tastes phenomenal.

dish, thin crust, New York, Chicago or California — whatever form you pick, I’m guessing you love pizza like I do.

Tortilla Pizza

Ingredients:
Flour Tortillas ($2.69 for a dozen)
Tomato Sauce ($1.79 for a jar) (I recommend Preggo because it’s a little sweet)
Muenster cheese ($2.59 for a half pound block)
Any other toppings you’re into

Turn on the broiler and let it heat up for a few minutes. 
Once the oven is hot, put in the tortilla and cook for a few minutes until it’s golden brown. Be careful, they can burn rather quickly.
Flip the tortilla to brown the other side.
Take the tortilla out of the oven and spread a few tablespoons of sauce over the top. Sprinkle on some grated cheese till it has covered the sauce. Add any additional ingredients you’d like.
Place the pizza back into the broiler for about a minute, until the cheese is completely melted. Remove. Enjoy.
Overall time from prep to finish is about four minutes per pizza, so you can pump out a dozen or so quickly and have a party sure to please all your friends.
It’s as easy as that.