The Weekly Free

Oh, how the tides and temperatures have turned! As you approach the final weeks of school and button up for the first touch of winter, the Daily Lobo wants to keep you entertained. Free things are bound to warm your heart, and hopefully that warmth will spread to the rest of your body. If you know of a free event, or free anything, email the info to hriley@unm.edu.

recycling old Christmas lights
TODAY THROUGH NOV. 13

You can trade in your old and broken Christmas lights at Home Depot in exchange for $3 to $5 off your next light purchase. The deal is limited to five strands per person, and you must have a coupon to receive the discount. We could give you the alphabet soup web address for the coupon, but it’s easier for you to enter “Home Depot light trade-in” in a search engine. Home Depot is located at 200 Eubank Boulevard S.E.

Estate planning and probate workshop
WEDNESDAY

If you are taking advantage of the sad housing economy, or if you just inherited property from a deceased relative, this workshop is for you. Whatever your reason, the State Bar of New Mexico offers free monthly workshops. The center is on 5121 Masthead Street S.E. and the workshop begins at 6 p.m.

Get your butt outside
FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY

In honor of Veteran’s Day, national parks that usually charge an entrance fee are free Friday for those who want to explore. Remember how I was talking about keeping you warm? Well, exercise is probably the best way to do that. Some of the national parks include Carlsbad Caverns National Park, White Sands National Monument and Aztec Ruins National Monument. For a full list, visit
nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm

CRAIGSLIST

This might be the only time in your life when you can go shopping and come back with a big bag of free stuff. One poster advertises an 8-foot-tall chalk board, a beer-pong — I mean ping-pong — table, two filing cabinets, a wood cabinet door that still has its hinge and latch and some large-sized used candles. Imagine the party you could have with all those things! You can find these treasures at albuquerque.craigslist.org/zip/