UNM Crime Briefs

Cops: UNMH gets its own Nurse Jackie
On Jan. 30, a UNMPD officer was dispatched to UNM Hospital concerning a nurse who had stolen medication from the hospital, according to a police report. The nurse said she had been in pain from a previous injury. The police report states the nurse took six Oxycodone pills within five hours. She was placed on leave and not allowed to drive home, the report said.

Police respond to Lobo Village disruption
On Jan. 28, UNMPD received a call concerning a fight in progress at Lobo Village, a police report states. Officers arrived to find a resident with bruises on his jaw and knuckles. He said he hosted a party in his dorm room with more than 40 people, including members of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity. He told police that when he tried to break up the party he was punched in the jaw, and said he bruised his knuckles when he punched a hole in his bedroom wall after the party. The manager of Lobo Village will be handling the incident through the Dean of Students, the report states.

Report: Man dies in sleep next to wife
On Jan. 27, UNMPD officers arrived at 959 Buena Vista Drive S.E. to find a resident dead. Police were responding to a call concerning a man found unresponsive in his bed, the police report states. His wife told police she woke up early and thought her husband had decided to sleep in. She tried to wake him and he was “cold to the touch and not breathing,” she said in the report. The man had several medical issues and was a double leg amputee, the report states.

Mental patient flees UNMH, police say
On Jan. 29, a man was taken to UNMH to be treated for suicidal tendencies after he was found wandering in traffic and making suicidal threats, a police report said. Before doctors could treat him, he ran out of the hospital and could not be found. Police say are still trying to locate the man.