UNM Crime Briefs

Cops: Man at UNMH arrested, admitted

On Feb. 16, a UNMPD officer went to UNMH in response to a combative patient, a police report states. The patient was standing on the southwest corner of the ER entrance smoking a pipe. When security approached him, he became aggressive but was soon handcuffed, the report states. The man told police that he needed to be treated for bronchitis; he then began complaining that he was having trouble breathing. He was admitted into the ER and his pipe was taken from him.

Check stolen from dorm, police say

On Feb. 12, a female student told police that a check had been stolen from her dorm in Lobo Village, according to a police report. She told police that the check was stolen sometime between Jan. 18 and Jan. 23 and was cashed for $50 on Jan. 23. The thief forged her signature, the report states. There were no witnesses and no one has been identified.

Booted car vanishes from Lobo Village lot

On Feb. 15, A UNMPD officer was dispatched to Lobo Village because of a larceny, a police report states. A man who was with the UNM parking authority told police he had booted a car that had “numerous unpaid citations.” The man told police that he received a call later that day regarding the car. He was told that it was no longer present at the location, the report states. Police soon discovered the car belonged to a man from Los Lunas who was not a resident at UNM.

Cops confiscate pot at dorms, cite student

On Feb. 18, UNMPD officers showed up at Laguna De Vargas dorms in reference to a resident in possession of marijuana and a glass pipe, a police report states. A resident adviser told police she had received complaints from other residents about an odor of marijuana coming from a room. According to the report, the resident of the room admitted that he was in possession of marijuana, the pipe and a plastic Sobe bottle out of which he had smoked the marijuana in attempt to mask the smell. He was issued a misdemeanor citation and the police confiscated the marijuana, the pipe and the bottle, the report states.