Sports Briefs

Volleyball
The New Mexico volleyball team picked up a pair of road victories over the weekend to improve to 13-2, 4-1 Mountain West Conference.
On Thursday UNM swept Utah State 3-0 thanks to 16 kills and five digs from junior Chantale Riddle. Senior libero Miquella Lovato had a game-high 25 digs.

On Saturday, the Lobos won at Boise State 3-1. Riddle had 20 kills along with seven digs. Lovato had 16 digs and Hannah Johnson added 14 digs.

Men’s basketball
The New Mexico basketball program’s annual Lobo Howl will broadcast on ESPNU on Oct. 18, and the Lobos will be one of nine basketball programs featured over a four-hour span.

ESPNU Midnight Madness will begin at 7 p.m. Mountain Time.
The other schools that will be covered are Kentucky, Duke, Syracuse, Oklahoma State, Wichita State, Memphis, the University of Connecticut and Florida Gulf Coast.

ESPN’s Miles Simon will be the commentator at the Lobo Howl.

Women’s soccer
The New Mexico women’s soccer team earned its third-straight Mountain West Conference victory at Colorado State, winning 3-0 on Sunday.

Sophomore forward Lindsey Guice scored all three goals for the Lobos. Guice’s goals came in the 18th minute, the 25th minute and the 69th minute.

UNM outshot CSU 11-1.

The Lobos improve to 5-7-1, 3-0-0 Mountain West Conference.

Cross Country
The New Mexico women’s cross country team took second, while the men took sixth at the Notre Dame Invitational in South Bend, Ind.
Junior Sammy Silva finished in third place for the 15th-ranked women, clocking in at 17 minutes and 4 seconds for the 5-kilometer course. Senior Charlotte Arter placed 10th with a mark of 17:18.7
Florida State’s women took the victory with 77 points, while the Lobos had 82.

For the 21st-ranked men, senior Luke Caldwell finished in second with a time of 24:22.3 on the 8-kilometer course.

Columbia finished first overall with Tulsa coming in second, followed by Princeton, Minnesota and Colorado State.