New Mexico midfielder, Wayde Scibilia prevents Fort Lewis player getting the ball in Saturdays game. UNM mens soccer team won the first spring home exhibition of the year with a 4-2 victory.

Soccer: 4-2 win in first 2015 game

With the match tied at 2, sophomore midfielders Olav Hovstad and Wayde Scibilia scored goals late to lift UNM.

“Our quality showed throughout the match,” UNM head coach Jeremy Fishbein said in a press release. “We scored two late to win 4-2. Overall, we were a little casual in our approach to the game, but it’s hard to recreate the atmosphere we usually play in front of when it’s the spring and a day game.”

The Lobos went up 2-0 early in the first half. Junior forward Niko Hansen scored in the 21st minute as junior midfielder Josh Goss found him inside the box for the assist.

In the 28th minute, redshirt junior Chris Wehan scored with a header thanks to a cross from Lucas Seligman.

The Skyhawks scored their first goal of the game in the 52nd minute and tied it with a goal in the 82nd minute.

“There were some good goals,” Fishbein said, “but I think we got a little comfortable when we went up 2-0. We made two errors, to be honest, and let Fort Lewis back into it.”

UNM will play host to Air Force this Saturday at 1:30 p.m. at Robertson Field for its final spring home match of the year.

The Daily Lobo sports desk can be reached at sports@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @DailyLobosports.