UNM's ​HSC to host job fair

The UNM Health Sciences Center will host its annual job fair on Thursday, Sept. 10 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the HSC North Campus Upper Plaza.

The HSC Job Fair is open to all physicians, family nurse practitioners, midwives, nurses, physician assistants, social workers, pharmacists, nutritionists, dieticians, occupational therapists, physical therapists, dentists, dental hygienists, medical lab and radiology technicians, public health and EMS professionals, as well as health profession students from all New Mexico educational institutions, according to a UNM HSC press release.

“At a time of health care provider shortages in New Mexico, we want to continue to provide a forum for medical residents and health science students to seek employment in our state after they graduate,” said Amy Clithero, senior program manager for the UNM School of Medicine’s (SOM) Department of Family and Community Medicine. “The HSC Job Fair gives them a chance to visit with New Mexico employers and learn about their organizations and the communities they serve.”

Hosted by the School of Medicine’s Resident and Graduate Assisted Placement Services, last year’s fair drew nearly 50 health care employers in the state, along with three national employers, and more than 150 attendees, according to the statement.