​UNM Family Weekend events scheduled

The eighth annual Family Weekend at UNM, hosted by the office of Parent and Family Programs, will begin Friday, Nov. 6 and extend through Sunday, Nov. 8, according to a University statement.

Nov. 6 will offer Bring Your Parent to School Day, an event that invites parents to sit in on one or two lectures at the University to gain a student's perspective, according to the statement. On the same day, parents are welcome to visit the Maxwell Museum, UNM Art Museum and the UNM Bookstore.

The Maxwell Museum is located east of University Boulevard between Las Lomas and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. Museum hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday.

The UNM Art Museum is located within the Center for the Arts complex off of Redondo Dv. near the UNM Bookstore, and is open on Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.

In addition, parents will have a 25 percent off discount for all Lobowear and spirit items at the UNM Bookstore on Friday, Nov. 6.

Events on that day will end with a Family Weekend Game Night in the Hokona Hall Cellar, beginning at 7 p.m.

On the following day will be a Family Weekend Tailgate Party from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Student Support and Service Center on South Campus, according to the statement. The tailgate will be in anticipation of the football game against Utah State. Tickets for both the tailgate and the football game will be $25.

To end Family Weekend, on Nov. 8 Popejoy Hall will present “Benise: Strings of Passion” at 3 p.m. According to the UNM statement, this show “infuses traditional flamenco with modern rock through music and dancing.” Tickets for the event are available from UNM Tickets or at http://popejoypresents.com/tickets.