Quincy Noble

Photo courtesy of Lobo Lair.

Women's Basketball: Quincy Noble announces intention to transfer

Freshman guard Quincy Noble will transfer from the University of New Mexico after being granted her release from the Women's Basketball team, she announced on Twitter on Friday. 

"I would like to thank Coach Bradbury, the assistant coaches, my academic advisors and the Lobo fans at the University of New Mexico for being a special part of my freshman year," Noble said in her post. "After a lot of prayers and conversations with my family I have decided to ask for my release from UNM. I am excited for my next journey God has planned for me. #notdoneyet" 

Noble came to UNM from McKinney High School in McKinney, Texas and appeared in 19 games for the Lobos this season, averaging 1.9 points and 0.6 rebounds per game. Her best game as a guard came against Stephen F. Austin in December, scoring 10 points on 3-of-6 shooting and adding two rebounds in 18 minutes of action. She played sparingly in conference play, and didn't crack double digit minutes after the game against Stephen F. Austin.

She's the second guard from last year's team to transfer, joining sophomore Madi Washington. Five guards from last year's group will return, including Jayla Everett and Jaedyn De La Cerda, who split the time at the point after Aisia Robertson tore her ACL. Robertson is expected to be ready to return to the court by mid-season. The program will also welcome two new freshman guards in Corina Carter and Andriana Avent.

In addition, Najala Howell, a transfer from UTEP, will be eligible to play after sitting out last season. 

Neither Noble or Washington have announced where they will continue their college careers. 

Cameron Goeldner is a senior reporter and photographer for the Daily Lobo. He primarily covers men’s soccer, women’s basketball, softball and the Albuquerque Isotopes, but also contributes content for all other sports. He can be reached at sports@dailylobo.com or on Twitter  @Goeldfinger.